Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Why I don’t like Barbeque Nation any more

Barbeque Nation owned by the famous Sayaji Hotels of Indore, became a rage in India as it started covering city after city and opened store after another in a short span of time from 2006 onwards.

I was introduced to the concept when my family visited Barbeque Nation at Kalyani Nagar, Pune, sometime in 2008, I believe. What looked like an impressive restaurant, menu and concept, over the years is turning into a boring way of having food.

It has not been a sudden realization, but something which set in in a phased manner. After my visit to Barbeque Nation @ Sayaji Hotel pune, I thought I would let everybody know what my views are on these highly rated restaurants.

The concept indeed was good, natural extension of buffet meals, with well-designed tables and a combination of barbeque and buffet and desserts, which made it a popular joint from families to office parties to team lunches to friends get together. It soon got listed in top 100 restaurants in Asia, but I still have complaints!

The complaints range to just one area – menu and the choices. How many times have I, my family or my friends been to Barbeque Nation and returned with saying they have had – one chicken starter on the skewer, prawns, fish, tandoor chicken, mutton seekh, paneer tikka, corn cob, mushroom,  pineapple and some mix vegetables, followed by Cajun spice potatoes !
Sounds familiar? Yes, because that’s what you end up with a variation of one or two odd starters and all the above available in the same taste with a different name.

This is not it; the macaroni pasta salad, coleslaw salad and the whole bunch of 14-18 selections as part of the buffet remain the same too. What more, when you move over to desserts you will always find the Gulab Jamun in addition to ice creams and assorted pastries.

Then what is different than the last time – the answer is main course, which is not upto the mark in taste and variety of options on offer.

Will I go again to Barbeque Nation? Yes, if it’s a team lunch or an office party, where I have to be, but otherwise, I am not keen on eating the same stuff again by a different name


No comments:

Post a Comment